Image Map

January 20, 2012

::when heartbreak hits::



i've said before i had the awesome honor of working with teenage girls for a number of years through an in-home bible study. they hold my heart and pull at it's strings with their growing pains. so for {all the single ladies} of gbs...read on.

***************************



i remember it well, the phone call and words passed from him to him to her to me.

unwanted.

that was the message i heard.

unworthy.

that was how i felt.

lies filled my mind as i held letters and sentiments that had previously said otherwise.
did it mean nothing?
did i mean nothing?

it's an ugly road rejection takes us down.
a road of self-doubt and internal destruction.
so let me say dear friend...

you are wanted.
you are worthy.
you are lovely.
you are loved.


and there is a better road ahead.
press on dear friend. press on.



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13




3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful.....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful there are women like you that are working with teenage girls, I get the advantage b/c I have a teenager myself as you know,
    but oh these words are priceless and pure truth. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just coming back to this again, b/c I just wrote a post on Heartache!

    ReplyDelete

words are like honey, sweet to my soul, so feel free to share yours.