Image Map

September 22, 2011

::things i love thursday::

{Books I love}


1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp: Honestly this book has been life changing for me. I have learned that perspective is everything and that prayer is not about the asking but the thanking. So daily I count the gifts, every little one. I write them down. I say them out loud. I “fight feeling with feeling” as you cannot be both discontent and thankful.


Bossy Pants by Tina Fey: Because sometimes you just need to laugh.


Traveling Mercies by Ann Lamott: It is good for the soul to hear the stories of others. Their struggles and triumphs make me feel normal. Ann is unabashedly honest in this book about her lily pad journey to faith. Not everyone’s path to believing in Jesus is tied up in a pretty bow. Not everyone was raised in the Bible belt in Sunday school and worship three times a week. Stepping outside of what I have always known draws me closer to God every time.


{Blogs I love}


Emerging Mummy By Sarah Besse: This girl never disappoints. If she weren’t so darn far away I would totally invite her over for coffee so we could chat about life, love, politics and growing in our love for Jesus.


Joy in this Journey By Joy B: Just launched a new series “Taking Off The Mask” encouraging us all to just be real. It’s so hard to keep up with one another when we are all putting on a façade of daily happiness and success. Life cannot be all peaches and cream so lets just lay it all out and be encouraged.


The Run Amuck by Amber Haines: I met Amber in person earlier this year and she is lovely with a smile that makes you feel like an old friend just catching up. She’s a mama to four boys and is down to earth with her beautiful word pictures of daily living and motherhood.




{Fun things I love}


Pinterest: Have you heard of it? oh for the love of everything crafty this is the best site ever! Well maybe not ever, but I am totally loving it for the now. It is a virtual pinboard where you can store all the lovely things you might craft, or gifts you might give, or clothes you might buy, or things you might teach your children.


Starbucks: Salted carmel mocha frappacino. If you haven’t had one, stop what you are doing right now and go to the nearest Starbucks and order one. Pull up a chair and rest your weary soul and be refreshed. Pretend I’m there and we are having the loveliest conversation about life and love and babies….or whatever you want to talk about {wink}.



What are you loving lately?

1 comment:

  1. Fall, pumpkin, salted caramel mocha:-), baking with my kids, lunch dates with my man, quietness to read...just a few things that came to mind as I was reading. I love your blog btw!!!

    ReplyDelete

words are like honey, sweet to my soul, so feel free to share yours.