5 days until Christmas!!!!
i've been asked the question several times this week, "are you ready for christmas?"
the answer is always "yes."
yes i am ready for christmas.
yes i am anxiously awaiting the arrival of christ during this advent season.
yes i am breathing in every special moment spent with family and friends.
yes i am excited about all that this season encompasses.
do i have all of my presents ready and wrapped? no.
have i accomplished everything on my to-do list? no.
do i have the food planned and prepared? no.
am i stressed about it? no.
i decided before we entered this season that i would enjoy it, bask in it. every precious moment. i decided that i would focus on the things that hold value and everything else could just fall by the wayside. earlier in the week i sat down and made a list of things that i would do that would make this week more enjoyable.
- i will spend less time online this week.
- i will spend more time outside- trips to the park as weather permits.
- i will do crafts with my children and ignore the mess made along the way.
- i will stick with simple meals - tacos, pasta, ham, brinner.
- i will not stress over less. we have spent less money this year than ever before and i'm good with that, happy in fact.
- i will spend time reading scripture on my own and with my kiddos as we reflect on the meaning of the season.
- i will get to the store asap so that my cubbards are stocked for food prep this weekend.
- i will relax, let go and soak in the spirit of chirstmas.
what are you doing to make your week less stressful?