Image Map

January 7, 2011

{savor :: to give oneself enjoyment of}


there aren't a lot of sweets around my house.
my kiddos are three and one.
they don't need sweets.
and they don't know to {desire} them.

but occasionally i will give eisley a {treat}.
it's in these moments that i learn so much about {savoring}.
whatever it is...popsicle, m&m, lollipop or in this case sweet cream...she sits down and takes her precious time with her treat.


what would take you or me a minute to eat takes her half an hour.
i sit in awe at the time she takes with each bite {lick}.
the taste.
the texture.
letting her mind process the pleasure of it all.
in between each bite {or lick} she will stop and say
{"mmmm....this is a sweet treat!"}
i love to watch her enjoy what has been given to her.
i find myself in the presence of sheer delight.
she is taking time to {savor} this gift.
and she is teaching me a lesson i didn't know i needed.

{savor}: sey-ver :: to give oneself the enjoyment of

savoring the moment leads to contentment.
savoring the moment makes the ordinary, extraordinary.

what are taking time to savor?

4 comments:

  1. Mmm...love this post! It is so powerful :)

    I too didn't grow up with many sweets/soda. I still find myself savoring them :)

    Have a wonderful weekend <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post!

    my mom used to let use do the same thing after she bake us a special treat! such sweet wonderful memories.

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was such a sweet (no pun intended) post and so creative.
    LOVE the photos!
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete

words are like honey, sweet to my soul, so feel free to share yours.