Image Map

June 23, 2011

::the art of play::


"you can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation"
-plato


yesterday the little one and i spent some time playing and it was heaven!


we held hands and giggled.
we found a birds nest and climbed a tree.
we picked flowers....weeds really....but flowers to her!



she rode her scooter while sporting daddy's sunglasses.
and as neighbors passed by she would yell out:
 "hey! my name is eisley and i'm riding my scooter!" 
i took pictures.



we drew with sidwalk chalk and we watched the sunset.
we played.
and it was just what i needed.

have you played today?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, I’ve played alright: Chutes and Ladders, I Spy, Marco Polo, you name it.
    Love this message, love the photos, love the lighthearted happy fun feel of your site. And what a precious babygirl!
    In an upcoming post (like, later today) I’m using this Plato quote as well. Hope you’ll swing by and visit me too.
    Love and blessings,
    ~ Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. We danced today. I guess you can call it playing because they made a game out of "I'm gonna catch" by Laurie Berkner. We have some time carved out for wheels later today. No scooters here but skates, bikes, and trikes are in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lovely day of play! saying hi from gussy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are the perfect reminder to slow down and play a little! Love the photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been playing all week at the beach! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, what a lovely, lovely day...cherish and enjoy each and every moment!!!! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!! PLAY!! I get to play everyday with my pediatric patients . . . we blow bubbles and toss balls and draw all over the walls of my office with chalk. Play is INCREDIBLY therapeutic (and not just for the kiddos!)

    ReplyDelete

words are like honey, sweet to my soul, so feel free to share yours.